You do not need your entire keg float to be smart kegs. You just need enough smart kegs to collect a sample.
Fast Start With Stratified Sampling
Sampling is the process of selecting a group of people, events, behaviors, or other elements with which to conduct a study. Within the beverage industry, there are many different types of strata.
What is your best selling beer? Your best beer can make up the majority of your production. This percentage is import variable within your stratified sample.
Do you send the majority of your beer to a certain distributor or keep it in house? Where the majority of your beer is sent is important variable to your stratified sample. This percentage is another important strata.
Do you sell more beer in the Summer or Winter? Having seasonality within your stratified sample is another important variable.
Purposive sampling refers to type of sampling method which is not based on probability and has many subcategories. This type of sampling can be used to study a phenomenon or something with unique characteristics. My favorite example of purposive sampling is a commercial that communicates 4 out of 5 dentist prefer a gum. Within the beverage industry, purposive sampling can be understanding how well your special release beer arrives at certain retail establishments or understanding why you lose kegs with a certain distributor.
Stratified sampling is used to understand the probability of large groups. When large groups are broken down into smaller groups this is strata. The strata is what makes this type of sampling so powerful. When a city or state has a election, one can predict you will win with millions voting by taking a stratified sample of 1,000 people that represent the demographics of the city or state. Within the beverage industry, one can understand all the analytics of their keg float by using stratified sampling.
Smart Keg Features
How Our Dashboard Helps You
- Realtime Geo Data on US map available — know where your kegs are and in what condition each individual keg is
- Stay informed about incorrect temperature or expiration dates via alert system with email and push notifications
- Create Sampling Campaigns to know real difference between used business strategies and target audience reaching out to continiously improve them
- Add as much kegs as you need with one click ordering system interface available
- Set receiving of weekly and monthly reports — send them authomatically to each person in your marketing / sales team